Thursday, November 27, 2008


You might be a redneck if you travel across country in a rig that looks like this! (Yes, those are very large elk sheds in the back of my truck.) The semitruck drivers drove by honking and staring. Keep in mind there are also 2 cats and 2 horses shoved in the trailer (another with Sarah). It was cozy...


Especially Toby. He slept, and
shared himself equally between
all the people in his truck.

The 35 hour drive started out rough, losing 1000's of dollars worth of tack. We kept pushing along through cotton fields, beautiful sunsets/rises, flat lands, and LOTS OF TREES. It got confusing when we hit Arkansas. The language changed. Who knew they spoke foreign only 15 hrs away from english speakers. Nashville TN to Asheville NC was my favorite, so pretty! 2 days later we got to the farm. Not quite what we expected, but with work it might get there.
My apartment...It is a little dark, mostly because there are no windows. It's a little smelly too, probably because it's above horse stalls. Crowded too, I think that would be because there are 3 of us in one bedroom. It's over looked when I realize that I get to wake up to my boys right out my non-existant window :)


Charleston SC was beautiful. The beach was so pretty!

2 comments:

valumama said...

I love the cartwheel picture, especially the Toby prints right next to your hands.

Ashcraft Family said...

Hey Ash! Between you and your parents there is more than enough cultural and exciting experiences to go around! What an awesome opportunity. You look great! I have been to Tennessee and Kentucky areas and I loved it. I have not seen the Carolinas but I hear it's great.